The George M. O'Brien Kidney Translational Core Centerat the University of Michigan (P30 DK081943) invites proposals for pilot and feasibility (P&F) grants involving the pathophysiology, basic mechanisms, therapeutic approaches, translational studies and clinical outcomes of chronic kidney diseases. The intent of this pilot program is to provide seed monies for researchers to obtain subsequent extramural funding. If funded, the proposed start date for the P&F grants will be January 1, 2021.
- Newly independent investigators (at the Clinical Lecturer, Instructor or Assistant Professor levels) without current or past NIH research support at the R01 level. This funding opportunity is open to investigators from all institutions in the U.S.
- Established investigators who want to explore a novel idea related to chronic kidney diseases that represents a clear departure from the investigator's ongoing research efforts.
TERMS OF SUPPORT
- Up to $40,000 per year in project-related total (direct + indirect) costs can be requested for the P&F Study, including salary support and appropriate supplies.
- We encourage all applicants to review indirect cost recovery with their institutions. We would like to maximize the grant funds supporting the research.
- Successful applicants will be required to submit a progress report at the end of the funding period. A second year of support will be dependent on a competitive review of the progress made and submission of a new research proposal.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- Applications are due by 5PM EST Friday, September 18, 2020. The components of this application, which includes a 4-page research plan, are detailed on the Center’s P&F website (https://kidneycenter.med.umich.edu/pilot-feasibility-study-grant-program ).
- Applications need to be submitted via the Competition Space Website at the University of Michigan, at: https://umms.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1817726. Please apply for the George O'Brien Kidney Center 2021 Pilot Grant.
- Applicants should also note which Center cores will be utilized. Please visit the Center website for information on services offered by the cores (https://kidneycenter.med.umich.edu).
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND DATES
* Application deadline: September 18, 2020 at 5 PM EST.
* Anticipated start date: January 1, 2021.
For additional information please contact Imm-Kee Lang (firstname.lastname@example.org)